Our great friend at Two Dollar Cinema has so graciously honored us with a blogging award. In accepting blog awards, there are a number of cute and quirky conditions. The requirements for this reward include the following.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions of the blog that has nominated you
- Pass the award to 11 others
- Ask 11 questions to those blogs
- Tell those 11 people of their nomination
- Keep other recipients out of another nomination
So here I am, following these rules. Read on below. This will take the place of the usual Weekend Reblog.
11 Things About Myself
- I’m no real film or television critic. I’m actually an engineering student who requires myself to write about movies and television to get away from some of the stress of school.
- I actually love television more than movies, movies take so long to finish in one sitting and when they end, you always want more. Television has interesting stories and characters that go on and on and on, for better or worse.
- I am college aged and single. The woman I’ll be looking for will definitely have great taste in popular culture at least be open minded enough for me to geekify her.
- I care way too much about the way I dress. I’m a confessed metrosexual with a distinct taste in fashion.
- Rooney Mara is my phone background. I love Rooney Mara.
- I am currently subscribed to three magazines: Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, and Maxim. The only one I actually read is Entertainment Weekly. Game Informer came with a service I bought and Maxim…well I could say I ordered that one for the articles, but such a lie would be seen through by you, wouldn’t it.
- While I like to think I have good taste in cinematic art, movies that are too ‘high’ on themselves [and the critics that blindly hail them] get me upset. I prefer movies that entertain, even if their ‘Tomatometer’ scores are lower.
- Despite my love for television and movies, I would prefer having a large book collection than DVD or Blu-Ray library.
- I like to think I’m good at Chess. I’m not.
- Coffee is life. I can’t get my way around the morning without it.
- This blog was a tumblr before it was a WordPress blog. I switched to WordPress for more creative freedom. I’ve found it still creatively stifling and plan on doing something about it in the future…
Questions Asked by M. Brown
- What made you start your blog?
When you love something, you’ll find many ways to find an outlet on how to express something. Movies and television is something I love, so after watching so much of it, I simply don’t have enough friends to it all about, so I went to a place where I can talk about it with people who equally love it: the internet. Blogging is simply the easiest medium to do such a thing.
- Have you ever seen a movie more than once in the theater? Explain.
Yeah a couple of times, but not because it was so awesome I simply had to see it again. Sometimes one group of friends truly wants to see a movie and then another group so desperately wants to also.
- Tell me the actor/actress and the certain role they played that made them your favorite.
Rooney Mara for Dragon Tattoo. I loved the book and loved her take on Lisbeth Salander.
- If I thought movies were a waste of time, what would you show me to change my mind?
Jack-Ass. Because I’ve never seen someone not entertained by any of their movies.
- What’s the best animated film of all time?
Spirited Away changed my life. Such a beautiful tale.
- Front row, back row, or right in the middle?
Back row, I get the best view in my opinion.
- Desert Island Time. You get one movie and one soundtrack. And Hell, if you want to, you get an actor or actress, too. Let’s hear it.
The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack is pretty sick nasty. The one movie is tough as I’m trying to consider what could be watched a hundred thousand time sand still not be bored by it…I guess Castaway to get a chuckle out of life every once in a while. And I’d bring Rooney Mara with me.
- What’s the scariest movie experience you’ve ever had?
When I was young, there was a Filipino horror movie called Feng Shui. It has since then scarred me for life. I’ve never had the courage to watch it again as an adult.
- You are given the power to completely erase the existence of one film. What are you picking?
I have no grudge against any film enough to wish it gone from existence. I did see the Uwe Boll film, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale and that was an absolute waste of time. So I guess that one if I had to choose.
- Who would be on the Mt. Rushmore of Action Heroes?
Jason Bourne, Ethan Hunt, James Bond (Daniel Craig), Jason Statham [because he plays the same type character in every film]
- And finally, have you ever clapped at the end of a movie? Really?
Most of the movies I’ve seen have always had the audience clap at the end, and when you’re in a large group, not clapping, means you’re the douchebag who believes themselves to be above the movie. So yeah, I clap if everyone else does.
11 Questions to My Nominees
- Where do you see your blog in one year?
- Movies, television or books?
- Which fictional character from a movie, television, or book would you want to be your best friend?
- Which fictional universe from a movie, television, or book would you want to live in?
- What hobbies do you have besides watching movies or writing about them?
- Winter is coming. What’s your favorite season?
- Who’s your favorite nighttime talkshow host? Jon Stewart? Team Coco? Who?
- Who would you want to have host the Oscars?
- Favorite celebrity crush?
- Star Wars, Star Trek, or Lord of the Rings?
- What’s your motivation to keep blogging? Viewership satisfaction? Finding others with similar interests? What?
As for my nominees, I don’t nearly have enough blogging friends for 11, so I’ll just choose some of my favorite bloggers and frequent visitors. Congrats guys and I look forward to your responses!
Best of luck blogging everyone!